Keto Grilled Chicken Salad is full of veggies and with an adequate amount of protein. Keto Grilled Chicken Salad is also perfect for Atkins Induction or any low carb keto lifestyle. This is one of those recipes that will keep you satisfied for a long time (since the high fat and moderate protein will curb those carb cravings), but you’ll also find that you’ll end up making this recipe more and more.
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe by Lindsay Maitland Hunt
Grilled chicken salad—filled with cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado—is the healthy summer dinner recipe we tend to make again and again. If you’re vegetarian, try subbing in hard boiled eggs for the chicken!
Prepare, prepare, prepare – is our motto.
With a little advanced planning, a beautiful and healthful salad can be yours any day of the week. It doesn’t take that long to prepare and think how good you will feel when you eat the rainbow while coworkers come back with their favorite super-sized value meal or treat from their favorite coffee shop.
Your low carb salad will look more appealing and your co-workers may silently kick themselves for not thinking of it first. Who knows, maybe your lunch salad will start an unspoken “my salad is prettier than your salad” competition.
Top Low Carb Salad Ideas
- romaine, leaf lettuce, mixed salad blends
- low carb vegetables: celery, radish, green bell pepper, red/orange/yellow bell peppers, fennel, cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, summer squash, bean sprouts, radish sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, olives, dill pickles
- nuts, seeds, cheese
- full fat dressings that have no more than 1-2 net carbs per serving
Tips for Making Keto Grilled Chicken Breast
- You can marinade for just 30 minutes, but for the biggest flavor and most tender chicken marinade for at least 6 hours.
- Let the chicken rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving for the juiciest chicken.
Keto Grilled Chicken Salad
Keto Grilled Chicken Salad is a Mediterranean recipe that is perfect side dish or light meal with healthy ingredients like cucumbers, tomatoes and avocado.
- 2 about 1 1/4 pounds chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsbp freshly chopped parsley
- 4 medium 4 romaine hearts , chopped
- 3 medium Persian cucumbers , thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 ripe avocados , sliced
- 4 oz feta , crumbled
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives , halved
Heat grill to medium-high. Season chicken with coriander, oregano, salt, and pepper. Grill, covered, turning halfway through, until golden and no longer pink, 18 to 22 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes, then slice.
Meanwhile, make dressing. Whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, and parsley in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Divide lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, feta, and olives among four serving bowls. Top with sliced chicken, then drizzle with dressing.