Keto French Pancake Recipe is also known as crepes and they are easy to prepare and amazing for breakfasts. Fill them with sweet or savory low-carb fillings for the perfect breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert. You should not miss out on this Keto French Pancake Recipe!
Keto French Pancakes Recipe by Diet Doctor
Start with frying a small pancake to determine if the batter holds together properly. There is a difference between different brands of psyllium husk and even the size of the eggs can affect the end result. Dilute the batter with some cream, milk or water if it gets too thick. Add more psyllium husk if it’s too thin. You can serve the pancakes with whipped cream and/or berries of your choice.
Keto crepe filling ideas
Unlike pancakes, crepes can be filled with your favorite toppings! Here are some of my favorite combinations.
- Syrup and butter- The classic combination. Sugar free maple syrup with some melted butter.
- Nutella and strawberries– Perfect for a sweet breakfast or dessert, fill crepes with homemade Nutella and sliced strawberries.
- Sweetened cream cheese and low carb fruit– Whip softened cream cheese with some erythritol and spread inside the crepes, followed by some mixed berries.
- Coconut whipped cream and sugar free powdered sugar– Use a homemade keto powdered sugar.
- Ham and cheese– For a savory twist, omit the sweetener from the crepes. Fill with sliced ham and shredded cheese.
Storing and freezing crepes
- To store: Leftover crepes should be in the refrigerator, covered, to ensure they don’t dry out. They will keep well for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Wrap crepes in parchment paper and place them in a ziplock bag. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months. They need to be in a room temperature for some time, before reheating.
- To reheat: We found the crepes to taste best when microwaved for 20-30 seconds. Crepes aren’t designed to be overly crispy, but fluffy and soft. You can reheat in a non-stick pan but only do enough to warm it up.
**Ideas, storing, and freezing tips are from Arman Liew of The Big Man’s World
Keto French Pancake Recipe
Keto French Pancake is a french style recipe known as “crêpes”. Perfect for breakfast or dessert with amazing ingredients suitable for your Keto diet.
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 3 oz. butter
In a bowl, mix together eggs, cream, water and salt with a hand mixer.
Gradually whisk in the psyllium husk while you continue mixing until you get a smooth batter. Let rest for at least 10 minutes.
Fry in butter just like regular pancakes. You should count with ½ cup (1 dl) batter per pancake. Make sure your frying pan is neither too big nor too hot, keep it on medium-high heat. Don’t be impatient, wait until the top is almost dry before flipping.
3 pancakes per serving Net carbs: 2 % (4 g)
Fiber: 4 g
Fat: 89 % (68 g)
Protein: 9 % (15 g)